I’m writing this on New Years Eve at 11;03 pm and I’m pondering the things I learned in 2016. It was a LONG and CRAZY year for me. For everyone probably. But I made it though. I live to see another year. And now I get to look back and be grateful for the things I learned.
10 Things I learned in 2016
- Reading time becomes scarce when you have three kids running all over the place
- Therefore, audio-books are amazing! I grew to love listening to the books I didn’t have time to read.
- Blogging is hard. Most days I’m like, uhhh what do I write today.
- Turning 30 is the worst! I feel too old to do the things I like to do (talk about YA romances), I should be more “adult” in my life, and I don’t know how to be 30 yet. I want to go back to 29.
- I can write a book in 30 days! I haven’t looked at how horrible it is but I wrote it. In 30 days! #thankyouNaNo
- Writing a book in 30 days is a sure-fire way to a mental breakdown. Talk about stress.
- To go with #5 and #6, I set goals for myself, and I need to set more realistic goals. I learned that I have this weird drive to be perfect in achieving my goals that I stress my self out to the point of meltdowns (my husband loves me).
- Publishing a book is really scary. Putting yourself out there and allowing people to judge you feels like walking around with no clothes on.
- I need to have more patience, but goes pretty quick when everyone is screaming at the same time 🙂
- I miss reading actual paper books. Audio books are great, but I miss the time to sit and read. Now I use that time to sit and write, or I don’t get to do either and I have to do real adult things like cleaning and laundry.
So, what did you learn in 2016?