Top 5 Wednesday
Favorite Minor Characters: Minor characters are less than a sidekick or a side character (but not in our hearts!) Everyone will have a different definition of what makes a minor vs a side character but just as an example, I’d consider Ron and Hermione side characters, while Lavender Brown, Oliver Wood, and Dean Thomas are minor characters.
*My definition is actually opposite of this. I have Major Characters, then Minor Characters, and then Side Characters. But to each their own. I will go of their definition, however.
The #T5W topics come from this Goodreads group. Check it out HERE.
Favorite Minor Characters
- Molly and Grandma from About Last Summer. These two are so perceptive and move the book along in the most entertaining way. I want to be friends with them.
- In A Torch Against the Night… the keeper of Lost Souls… what’s her name? I totally can’t remember. Anyway, I think she’s fascinating. First she wants to learn from Elias, and then she becomes his friend. And then the END. I think she’s a very strong Minor Character. Also Marcus. He’s so fascinating.
- Luna Lovegood… because I need a Harry Potter Character in here somewhere 🙂 No, but really, I love Luna. She’s one of my favorite HP characters. Her airiness, her intelligence, and her gumption. She’s awesome.
- Hijiri from Love Fortunes and Other Disasters… quiet, shy, Hijiri saves the day. And that probably why she ends up with her own book. Also, isn’t the cover of this book ADORABLE? I read it just because the cover is perfect. And I really really liked the book as well 🙂
- Iko from The Lunar Chronicles... She probably falls under Side Characters but I had to list her because she’s my FAVORITE. She’s a robot for Pete’s sake and she thinks and acts like the prince can fall for her. She’s so funny and totally makes the books that much better.
What do you think? Who are your favorite Minor Characters? Let me know in the comments.