[sg_popup id=”1″ event=”onload”][/sg_popup]The Book Cover Girls tagged me in their post, Unpopular Opinions, to answer questions about my favorite, and least favorite, popular books. So, being the very opinionated book read that I am, I jumped on the idea to share my opinions. Do you agree? What books would you pick for each category?
A Popular Book or Series That You Didn’t Like:
– Red Queen – The story is too over done. I feel like I’ve read it before.
– The Wrath and the Dawn – I don’t buy their relationship… at all.
– Daughter of Smoke and Bone – I made it 3/4 of the book and was so bored the entire time.
– The Maze Runner Again, so bored. And I watched movie 2 and walked out. Zombie thingys are not my thing.
A Popular Book or Series That Everyone Else Seems to Hate But You Love:
– The Conspiracy of Us
– Ruby Red
– For Darkness Shows the Stars
– Love Walked In
A Love Triangle Where the Main Character Ended Up With The Wrong Person OR and OTP (One True Pairing) That You Don’t Like:
– Matched (Totally wrong person!)
– The Kiss of Deception (It’s not like he’s the wrong person, it just that I don’t like either guy)
A Popular Book Genre That You Hardly Reach For:
– High Fantasy – YA or Adult. I rarely reach for fantasy at all but I can handle a small amount of magic and such.
A Popular or Beloved Character That You Do NOT Like:
– Shazi from The Wrath and the Dawn
– Bella Swan – Twilight
– Fayre – A Court of Thorns and Roses
A Popular Author That You Can’t Seem To Get In To:
– John Green – I hated The Fault in Our Stars
– Lauren Oliver
– Sarah Dessen – And I’m all about contemporary romance, but hers seem way too deep for me
A Popular Book Trope That You’re Tired of Seeing:
– The Chosen One
A Popular Series That you Have No Interest in Reading:
– The Mortal Instruments – Although I read 3 f the books, but they ruined me from reading the rest or anything else by her. I’m glad I read her Clockwork Series first.
– The Maze Runner
– Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children – Umm the covers look way too scary for me
The Saying Goes, “The Book is Always Better Than the Movie,” but What Movie or T.V. Show Adaptation Do You Prefer More Than The Book?
– Pride and Prejudice
– The Maze Runner (Only movie one, and only because Dylan O’Brien…because, well, obviously.)
So what do you think? Which picks do you agree with and which do you hate?
To continue the book tag:
Jordan @ Her Paper Adventure
Debbie @ Debbie’s Library