2017 End of the Year Book Survey
I ended the year at 51 books. I call that pretty successful considering the amount of critiques I read as well (but couldn’t count toward this goal.) Here’s what I answered for each questions.
- Best Book of 2017?
The Hating Game: I went for book that brought me the most joy, laughs, swoons, squeals.
- Book you were excited about and thought you were going to love more but didn’t?
Right Text, Wrong Number, the Winners Curse
- Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2017?
The Sheriffs of Savage Wells…you guys, this book is so funny.
- Book you read in 2017 that you recommended most to people?
The Hating Game, The Conspiracy of Us
- Best series your discovered in 2017?
Slow Dance in Purgatory
- Favorite author you discovered in 2017?
Brigid Gallagher and Ruta Sepetys
- Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
Shatter and Beyond…turns out, I loved them both.
- Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2017?
The Ends of the World (Conspiracy of us). I stayed up into the wee hours of the morning to finish this book.
- Book you read in 2017 that you are most likely to re-read next year?
The Heartbreak Cure…I need to re-read this to study the art of writing a YA romance. It is very well written.
- Favorite cover of a book you read in 2017?
Dream a Little Dream and One of Us is Lying
- Most memorable character in 2017? Uhhh, nothing is popping to my mind at the moment.
- Most beautifully written book in 2017?
Cartwheeling in Thunderstorms
- Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2017?
The Heartbreak Cure, Quiet, the power of introverts. I talked about the Heartbreak Cure earlier. Quiet was a fun book to read that gives power and respect to the quiet people in the world, the ones who want to stay in on the weekends and read 🙂
- Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2017 to finally read?
The Sheriffs of Savage Wells
- Favorite passage/quote from a book you read in 2017?
“Anything worth doing starts as a bad idea.” -Sturmhond, Siege and Storm
- Shortest and Longest book you read in 2017?
Shortest: Right Text Wrong Number
Longest: Harry Potter and the order of the Phoenix
- Book that had a scene in it that had you reeling and dying to talk to somebody about it?
Shadow and bone: the Darkling…
- Favorite relationship from a book you read in 2017 (romantic, friendship, etc)?
Joshua Templeman and Lucy Hutton
- Favorite book you read in 2017 from an author you’re read previously?
By your side by Kasie West
- Best book you read in 2017 that you read based SOLELY on a recommendation from someone else?
Salt to the sea…I gave this book to my friend because it won the Goodreads YA book of the year in 2016. I had never heard of it. She recommended we read it for book club and it really really liked it.
- Genre you read the most in 2017?
Young Adult Contemporary romance…Just to name a few.
- Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2017?
Slow dance in purgatory: Johnny Kenross
- Best 2016 debut you read?
- Most vivid world.imagery in a book you read in 2017?
Caraval…I want to visit Caraval but when I read the book I feel like I am there. The author does an amazing job explaining the setting.
- Book that was the most fun to read in 2017?
About last summer
- Book that made you cry or nearly cry in 2017?
Salt to the sea
- Book you read in 2017 that you think go overlooked this year or when it came out?
- Most overrated book in 2017?
I don’t know. I didn’t read any that I totally felt was over-rated.
- Favorite book you re-read in 2017?
Edenbrooke, Conspiracy of Us, The Hating game
- What is the next book on your TBR pile?
Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief…I promised my son I’d read the series with him…well not with him… more as in a race to see who can finish first. He’s read the series 2-3 times already, since July.
Have you completed an end of the year survey? Link your post in the comments. I’d love to see what you read as well.